Welcome to my papercrafting world. I hope you enjoy the journey.



Sunday, April 23, 2017

Utee

Today I'm sharing my journey into my melt pot once again brought on by a challenge over at Paper Artsy. It's been a bit since I've played with Utee so I thought I would give a few "new" to me techniques a try. From right to left ..... I have an ATC card that I made from the inspiration provided by Nikki here http://blog.paperartsy.co.uk/2017/04/2017-6-utee-accents-by-nikki-acton.html   This was the hardest one to do, because ok don't laugh but I really dipped this in my melting pot not once but several times to get the layers Nikki described.  Not once did I thing to pour the utee on it and melt it with my heat gun, that is until I was finished and was lining them up to take pictures I have two pretty burn't fingers to prove it. I used my Fresco paints right on my stamps to stamp the first layer, then a circle stamp for my second layer, then a splash of inky pool for the splatters.
Next up is a mold I made using the two part epoxy for the melt pot, After these butterflies hardened I dry brushed some snowflake on them to bring out the detail. For my third try I used my spellbinders like in this video   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-aAe3JMJL4    shown the night the challenged was introduced.
That is it for now
Hugs
Colleen

2 comments:

CastleKelly Crafts said...

These are fab Colleen. I know you said don't laugh but I did have a chuckle ---- it was the way you described the process more than you dipping it into the melted utee. Hope the fingers are not too painful. XX

Hazel Agnew said...

Ouch Colleen! Great results though! Xx